This salted cod and olive oil dip from Spain might be the best party treat you’ll ever have.
Yield: 2 qt
(approx. 20 servings)
• 1 lb salted cod
• 1 c heavy cream
• 4 oz butter
• 2.5 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
• olive oil
• bread (for serving)
1. Place cod in small pot with water and bring to a boil.
2. Drain cod and set aside. Keep warm while cooking potatoes.
3. Bring potatoes to a boil until tender, approximately 15-20 minutes.
4. Place cod, cream, butter and potatoes in bowl of a mixer fitted with the whip and blend until smooth.
5. Add salt and pepper, as needed.
6. Distribute Brandade mixture into several small ramekins. (Optional: toast slightly in oven.
7. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with bread.
Photography: Jessie Neuendorff
New to Citygram Austin magazine?
Click to download a free issue today and see why we’re the #1 City Guide app in Austin!